Robin Wittering is a partner and head of the English law practice. He has been working on deals and disputes in the CIS since 2003. With more than 20 years in practice, Robin focuses on cross-border M&A transactions and advises on establishment of joint ventures. He also acts on clients’ behalf in corporate conflicts and shareholder disputes, specifically in international arbitration and before the London High Court. Robin provides legal assistance to companies under corporate or financial restructuring and advises on cross-border bankruptcy.
Prior to joining Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners, Robin was a partner at Herbert Smith for over 7 years.
His project highlights include:
- Advising to and representing a CIS-based industrial company in several litigation cases tried before the London’s High Court.
- Advising Goldman Sachs on its numerous projects, including direct investments in authorized capital.
- Acting for Sinopec on its USD 3.7bn acquisition of Udmurtneft, a Russian oil producer, from TNK-BP and the associated leveraged buyout and joint venture with Rosneft.
- Acting for the management of TNK-BP in the dispute between BP and Alfa Access Renova (AAR).
- Counselling on the restructuring of TXU Energy’s European business.
Robin had also been involved on projects that were later recognised as European Deals of the Year by The Lawyer (UK) in 2014 and 2015.
Robin obtained his Bachelor and Master of Laws from Cambridge University. He originally qualified and practiced as a barrister, later also qualifying as a solicitor, which allows him to offer comprehensive strategic solutions to clients.