The Firm's lawyers have an impressive track record of successfully obtaining approvals from the antimonopoly authorities of Ukraine, Russia and Belarus for more than one hundred M&A, joint ventures, and corporate restructuring transactions, including those related to investment into strategic industries.
The Firm's experience encompasses dozens of complex antimonopoly cases successfully settled both as part of administrative proceedings and in court. The Practice's longstanding clients include companies holding dominant positions in the CIS market.
The success of the Practice may be attributed to its participation in the most high-profile and benchmark transactions and antitrust disputes in the market, as well as to its extensive lawmaking experience, particularly, as part of expert councils at the Russian FAS and not-for-profit partnerships promoting competition in Russia and the CIS.
In Ukraine, the Practice that previously operated under the Magisters brand has many years of experience collaborating with the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine (AMCU) and advises clients from different industries and sectors. Achievements of our Ukrainian team include such groundbreaking projects as the approval by AMCU of the biggest M&A deal in Ukraine's history - merger of Altimo and Telenor in the CIS totaling USD 23.8 billion, among others.
In Russia, the Practice has about twenty experts allowing it to systematize extensive court practice involving articles 10 and 11 of the Federal Law "On Protection of Competition".
An award winning Competition Law Practice at EPAP Ukraine is recommended by such legal directories as Chambers Europe, Who's Who Legal: CIS, PLC Which Lawyer? and Best Lawyers. The Global Competition Review 100 views it as the biggest in the market.
Our services in Ukraine and the CIS include:
- approval of transactions as part of control procedures over economic concentration and concerted action, and analysis as to whether such approval is required;
- protecting client interests during audits by antimonopoly authorities and challenging of their orders in court;
- engaging an antimonopoly authority in the client's defence;
- business restructuring and development of market strategy to fit antitrust regulations.
Additionally, we offer the following services in Russia:
- advising on cases involving taking control over companies of strategic importance by foreign investors;
- initiation of, and advising on, company's inclusion into the register of dominant companies and contestation of such measures taken by the Federal Antimonopoly Service;
- drafting statutory antimonopoly regulations and their promotion in the Russian FAS and the Government of the Russian Federation.